Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Is Jira Plan (Advanced Roadmap) 'dating' w/ Jira Product Discovery? - Nope πŸ’”

MΓ‘tΓ© Lipcsei October 14, 2024

Hey, 

I as a Group Product Manager, want to create and interact with a group level roadmap in Jira Plans based on my product managers' JPD ideas from multiple JPD projects, but also

I as a Group Product Manager, want my product managers to be able to interact with their JPD ideas' date attributes through JPD too, while they're rolled up to Jira Plans.

I'm working on creating a product group level roadmap, basically an overview of multiple JPD ideas, their dependency... etc.  

The goal is to visualize the 'mature-enough' Idea ticket types in Jira Plans. 
(I've seen a similar post but as other folks experience, there are glitches with date handling)

The root cause is that the date datatype in JPD is a different data format than all the other data datatypes all around Jira, so Jira Plans does not play nice with JPD.

Now, there can not be a bi-directional editing between JPD and Jira Plans. Timeline changes in Jira Plans are not reflected in the JPD. And vica versa. (JPD does not even show regular date attributes, while Jira Plans does not show JPD's date fields when configuring the scheduling, start and end dates.)

Do you have any idea?

Thanks,
Mate

--
JPD is Jira Product Discovery
Jira Plans (formerly known as Jira Advanced Roadmap)

1 comment

Gergely Schmidt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 15, 2024

I have raised this issue in one of your linked document's comment section already. I would love to find a solution to that as well!

MΓ‘tΓ© Lipcsei October 15, 2024

Great catch @Gergely Schmidt  ! Thanks for raising it.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events