Sorting by Rank from multiple projects

Brick Mantooth February 19, 2013

I am using a Kan Ban Board with a filter pulling in issues from multiple projects. I am trying to sort all the issues by ranking from each of the projects, but it doesn't make sense to me.

I would assume that for each project, the first issue in the project would be ranked number 1. Then once that issue is closed or moved into "In Progress", the next ranked issue int he backlog would then become 1.

But it seems like it is on a continuous sequence. So when I pull all items from multiple projects the issues are not sorting the way that I want which would be by Rank then by project.

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

AFAIK the rank field is an internal field representing the "position" on the board changing every time you move the issue opn the board. Why would / should the first issue in a project have the rank 1? I mean you get the first issue if you order by issue key or am I getting this all wrong...

Brick Mantooth February 21, 2013

I have a board that has multiple projects. Each project has its own Product Owner who rank their items within their own project. So when my board agregates all these projects into one backlog, I would like to sort it so it would list the backlog like this:

Project A - Top Ranked Item

Project B - Top Ranked Item

Project C - Top Ranked Item

Proejct A - 2nd Top Ranked Item

Project B - 2nd Top Ranked Item

Project C - 2nd top Ranked item

Suggest an answer