Hi everyone,
I originally set up Jira Software and Jira Service Management for my organization, and both have always lived at the root URL:
`https://[my-org].atlassian.net`
Recently, we added Confluence to the same Atlassian site, and I noticed its URL is:
`https://[my-org].atlassian.net/wiki`
That got me thinking—did I make a mistake when first setting up Jira? I would’ve expected something like:
Instead, both Jira products share the root domain, with no subpath like Confluence does. There’s nothing functionally wrong, but I want to understand:
- Is this URL structure normal and intentional for Jira Cloud products?
- Should I have taken a different setup approach if I wanted cleaner or more segmented URLs?
- Does the `/wiki` path for Confluence indicate a best practice that I somehow skipped when setting up Jira?
I’m just looking to confirm whether I followed the standard Jira Cloud conventions or if there’s something I should revisit or reconfigure.
Thanks in advance for any clarity!