I've got a rather complex post function that creates a bunch of tasks and subtasks when an Epic is created. In creating multiple issues, I have avoided having commas in the summaries of the issues for obvious reasons; being the delimiter, it creates another issue.
To avoid that, I've adjusted the summary text. In some places, I have replaced the comma with a forward slash. This looks to be a reserved character in JMWE.
Here is an example:
The task summary created by the Epic:
Notification of Equipment Purchase / altering or relocation
Checking for a match in the task workflow:
if issue.fields.summary.match(r/^Notification of Equipment Purchase // altering or relocation/i)
(I have to use the match method as the Summary is concatenated with the Epic Name)
I've tried both single quotes and double. If I don't use two forward slashes I can't even test it. So it doesn't find a match. I have similar issues with texts that include "and or" in them.
Any suggestions?