Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2018

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄

I got a great question from community member, Sarat, recently, and I thought it might be useful to elevate to the larger group. Quite simply: What is it?

Sarat comment.png

A community, at its core, is a set of shared values. And it's truly what you make of it! Some folks come here to ask questions, some to answer other people's questions, some to network with industry peers and some to share their insight and expertise through articles like this one. (Badges help amp up the fun.)

You'll also notice that the Atlassian team is very active here as well. They love that they can connect with those who are using our products every single day, and they know it's the best place to get candid, authentic feedback about what's working and what could stand to be improved.

Members who are most engaged and invested in the growth of the community become Champions, our ambassador program aimed at rewarding those leaders who help make this space magical. Definitely say hello when you see one in the wild — because his avatar might be Jack Skellington, but @Jack Brickey's as nice as they come. 😎

Have other questions? Feel free to leave 'em in the comments.

3 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

Thank you for the kind words @Erica Moss! It is great to be a part of this wonderful Community.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2018

@Jack Brickey 😄😄😄

sarataddepalli October 18, 2018

Oh wow I've never been quoted or referenced in pulic before! Excuse me while i feel giddy like a little schoolboy on a sugar rush 😁😁😁

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2018

@sarataddepalli Yay! Thanks for inspiring an important post. 🙌🏼

JW Yang October 19, 2018

Does anyone know there is community in Milwaukee or Chicago?

Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2018

@JW Yang

Here ya go
Chicago --> they have something Oct 24, next week!
Milwaukee

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events