Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular User Wanting to Learn More

James Perry February 21, 2022

Hi all! I've been a regular user of JIRA and Confluence for the past year now through my job. Unfortunately, I don't have all the permissions I would like, but I'm learning to work around that.

What learning path would you recommend for someone who's mostly interested in becoming a super user on both platforms?

4 comments

Comment

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2022

Hi @James Perry 

Learning path depends on what you are trying to achieve. When you say super user, are you trying to become Jira Admin or Consultant or just want to become really good with using Jira/Confluence and may be some common apps.

The best way to learn is to sign up for a free Jira Cloud instance and play with it. May be use it for your personal projects, try to learn customisations, especially workflows, automations and a bit of REST API but this is for those who want to become Jira Admins/Consultants.

I find answering questions on the community really useful as well to understand what problems people are trying to solve. It keeps me up to date as well and curious to learn more about things I don't know.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2022

@James Perry welcome to the Community.

Have you considered Atlassian University as a vehicle for this learning exercise? Atlassian University has some great free (and paid) resources. 

Atlassian University 

I also recommend you create a free instance as @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ did for you to test, learn, break and rebuild. Ultimately that will give you the playground and sandbox needed to get Admin level experience.

Like Taranjeet Singh likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, @James Perry ! 

I noticed that our amazing community leaders have already guided you on the right path to become a super user of Jira  & Confluence.

I hope you have a great learning & sharing experience here!

Like Heike Fischer likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2022

@James Perry Welcome to the Community! Be sure to check out our New to Jira and New to Confluence groups. 😄

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events