Project Manager learning Jira

Don Cole June 24, 2021

I applied for a project manager position and the requisition said that Jira experience preferred. I had never heard of it so I am here to learn about it and perhaps use it on a smaller personal project or two so I will be ready to go if called upon. 

6 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Hello @Don Cole,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend checking out Atlassian University's Free Training Catalog:
https://university.atlassian.com/student/catalog/list?category_ids=21734-free-training&difficulty=1

There are a number of great things there to get you started.

Also, if you are looking to ask people about specific questions, you might want to head over to the Jira Product Collection.

There are tons of very friendly people here that are happy to help!

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Don Cole June 24, 2021

Thank you, Jimmy! Will check it out. 

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Welcome @Don Cole 

@Jimmy Seddon  has great suggestions. You will also want to setup a free cloud instance of Jira to play around in and get your feet wet. Good luck!

KGM 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

Hello and Welcome, Don!

We are glad you are here!!

Welcome.jpg

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2021

Welcome @Don Cole ! Great suggestions here! Good luck with the job application, and in any case, I'd recommend to keep learning Jira and other Atlassian tools, as many companies rely on them, and may/will expect some level of familiarity or expertise.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2021

@Don Cole Welcome to the Community! Be sure to check out any product collections that interest you, as well as our member journey and Friday Fun. 😄

Like Matthew Tutcher likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, @Don Cole ! Hope you have a great learning experience here!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events