Newbie to SME - Where do I begin?

Thea Rasins October 11, 2019

Hello!  I used JIRA years ago, and am now get to use it again!  There is much for me to learn, and they also have Confluence.  

I feel like a Newbie with all of the changes.  I want to learn both JIRA and Confluence well to optimize the use and make it consistent across the company.

Guide me if you will!

Thank you in advance!

3 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

Hi @Thea Rasins,

Welcome to the Community!

You might want to start with some of the free courses at the Atlassian University as a refresher to get you up to speed again.

Next, you should check out the Jira and Confluence product collections they have lots of really good information in them.

If you are specifically looking for best practices/tips & tricks, you might also want to look at some of the suggestions in this thread specifically: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/What-s-your-best-Jira-Software-tip-trick-workaround/td-p/1153038

Also don't be afraid to ask questions, everyone here is very friendly and really helpful!

-Jimmy

Like Erica Moss likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2019

Hi @Thea RasinsWelcome to the Community! Have fun :-)

Like Erica Moss likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

@Thea Rasins Welcome, welcome! Sounds like you're already getting great tips — be sure to also check out some of the other resources here in the Welcome Center, start working toward your Answerer badge and hop over to Friday Fun. 😎

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events