Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

β˜• Weekly Atlassian News Roundup | 2nd October 2023

Good morning community!

I'm scheduling the post for the first time so hopefully, fingers crossed 🀞, it'll appear on Monday morning πŸ‘€β˜€οΈ

This week we'll talk about small but mighty improvements to Confluence image resizing and have a closer look at the upcoming Atlassian events!

πŸš€ New improvements

Beta: Command palette

Jira command palette feature lets you quickly navigate Jira by simply searching for commands, like for example "Go to backlog" or helps quickly find issues, projects, and more. You can activate it by clicking Command + K on Mac or Ctrl + K on Windows.

Resizing images in Confluence

Now you can adjust images to custom sizes or define exact pixel dimensions. The update will be available to all users soon.

πŸ‘€ Important announcements

TechCrunch - What's Next for Atlassian

In a recent interview at TechCrunch Disrupt, Atlassian's CTO, Rajeev Rajan, discussed the company's strategy and recent changes. He talks about their partnership with OpenAI and the future of coding with AI assistance.

πŸ—“ Events

High Velocity Discount Tickets

In-person passes for Atlassian's High Velocity event are now available at a 50% discount. The event, set for November 1, 2023, at Sydney Showground features key sessions like "END BSM NOW," an exploration of Bad Service Management, and "Onboarding your new virtual agent," a hands-on AI demonstration lab.

Atlassian Presents - Unleash

Atlassian's second annual Agile & DevOps event, "Atlassian Presents: Unleash," is now open for registration. Taking place in Amsterdam on December 11-12, 2023. A special 50% discount is available now!

Find all upcoming events on πŸ‘‰ Events Calendar

πŸ“š Article of the week

10 lessons to unlearn for better communication at work

Great article with insights from the book "Think Faster, Talk Smarter." It's hard to believe that not even TED Talk speakers are perfect communicators. They often use scripts and edits. So instead of aiming for perfection, it's much better to focus on creating genuine connections which then leads to more effective communication.

6 comments

Comment

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2023

It looks like scheduling worked (kind of), @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_   😎

I say "kind of" because I got the notification at 1:00PM US ET. Perhaps the scheduler works on US PT. 

-dave

Like β€’ # people like this
Bella Den October 2, 2023

Great

Like β€’ Amanda Barber likes this
avijitsarkar0712 October 2, 2023

When my post is normal 

Like β€’ Bella Den likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2023

OK, OK, we will wait until 200 for a big party.

Like β€’ Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2023

Ha! Thanks @Dave Rosenlund - I always confuse timezones πŸ₯Ή

Like β€’ Dave Rosenlund likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2023

@Andy Gladstone if it would be up to me I would have a cake to celebrate every episode πŸ˜…

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events