Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

β˜• Weekly Atlassian News Roundup | 10th July 2023

Happy Monday everyone!

We've got a special guest on this week's Atlassian news - @John McKiernan to tell us more about the latest updates to Jira Product Discovery πŸš€

We'll also look at a few improvements to the Atlassian products including external user security, updates to Automation for Confluence, and more!

πŸš€ New improvements

Dependency reports improvements

New updates to the Advanced Roadmaps Dependency Report are here with new grouping and filtering options to improve planning and project visibility. You can now group your dependency map by project, epic, or sprint and filter dependencies by projects or sprints.

External User Security

The external User Security feature improves security for external users collaborating with your company, introducing two-step verification and restricting API token access.

Automation: Create Jira tickets from Confluence

Atlassian introduces a new feature for Confluence Automation: creating Jira issues directly from Confluence, available for Confluence Premium and Enterprise customers.

πŸ—“ Events

Jira Day 2023

Jira Day 2023, taking place on October 17-18 in Krakow, Poland πŸ‡΅πŸ‡±

With over 70 speakers, learning sessions and networking Jira Day is one of the biggest Jira events in Europe. Early bird tickets are available now!

Find all upcoming events on πŸ‘‰ Events Calendar

πŸ“š Article of the week

Left brain vs. right brain: fact or fiction?

Interesting article from the Atlassian blog talking about the myth of "left-brain" (analytical) vs "right-brain" (creative) dominance where you'll also find a few productivity tips on improving your brainstorming sessions, why is dedicated time for learning important, and how boredom influences your creativity.

πŸ‘‹ We'll see you next week, it'll be FUN πŸŒˆπŸ•Ί

11 comments

Comment

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2023

ps. Don't miss the end of the video πŸ‘€

Like β€’ # people like this
Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2023

@Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ forgive me for jumping straight to the... END of the video πŸ˜€ 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2023

I really had to hold myself back from doing what @Teodora V did!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2023

@Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ Thank you for the weekly dose of Atlassian news updates! Can't miss it like my other medicines!😁

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2023

I look like I am about to break into song in that screenshot! Thanks so much for having me on @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ & Biro. Hope to catch up again soon :) 

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

🀘Thanks for coming on the podcast @John McKiernan!

We're all expecting the Jira Prodict Discovery song next time πŸ˜…

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

@Teodora V @Andy Gladstone πŸ˜† Should we keep adding the blooper section in the end?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

Of course!

Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

@Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ yes please!! 

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2023

This was one of my favorite roundups @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_! I agree with @Teodora V and @Andy Gladstone that the hype got me wondering what was at the end! That you @John McKiernan for the great intro into Jira Product Discovery! 

@Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ - keep the special segments and the bloopers at the end! Those make me laugh! 

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2023

There is a chance we are actually singing at the end of this week's roundup πŸ™ˆ https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Welcome-Center-discussions/Weekly-Atlassian-News-Roundup-17th-July-2023/m-p/2421325#M10511

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events