I'm Dave, a Jira admin who loves coffee ☕

Hi! I'm Dave, and I'm a Jira admin[1]. 👋

What do you do?

Glad you asked! I help teams on Community and off Community with their project, work, and knowledge management challenges. As a (recovering) project manager, I practice project management habits that I enjoy sharing with others. Every playground needs rules so no one gets hurt. Likewise, work teams need working agreements [2] to ensure the free flow of information, labor, and beer. Always beer. 🍻

Your whole life isn't Atlassian products, is it?

Nope! Aside from some of Atlassian's products, I love coffee. One of my favorite cafes to work from is Republique of Coffee in Paris. Nowadays, I pretend I'm working there by staring at their Instagram, @republiqueofcoffee and sighing a lot.

Lately I've been downing a lot of 787 Coffee's rum espresso. Yes, rum espresso! It's a treat; you can taste notes of rum, and there's no alcohol in it. Go to their NYC East Village location and tell them I sent you! (I guarantee they'll be confused.)

p.s. I love smartphones. I used to rock keyboarded devices and I've used everything under the sun. Portable devices let me carry a ton of novels in my pocket, and even read them sometimes. Back when I had a long subway commute, this was key. 📱

formidable-blackberry.jpg

Pictured: Two of my loves, together, at Le formidable, Paris. (Photo credit: me)

Where do you contribute on Community?

Find me on Community's Jira groups. I'm also on:

I hope this post encourages you to share! 👐

Footnotes:

[1] This intro is inspired by the intro post that @Liam Green made.
[2] Thanks to Laura Taylor for introducing me to the concept!

Edit October 16th, 2023 for brevity.

27 comments

Comment

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Love it!

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Awesome post ! As an aficionado of rum and addict of coffee I’ll be looking in to those shots :)

Maybe I’ll email them to see if they do a home kit and send it half around the world. 

I’m sure they will if I mention you sent me ;)

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans - updated this article with 787's link! Since they have operations in the US and Puerto Rico, they'll probably ship to you. Or at least tell you how to make their wonderful rum espresso.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2021

Seems they ship the rum infused beans! 
if the shipping isn’t too extreme I’m gonna be very happy!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2021

@Dave Liao Love your introduction post!

Like # people like this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2021

Hi, Dave!

What an excellent article, I got a lot of pleasure reading it!

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2021

I love that I inspired this! It's really interesting to hear more about fellow leaders

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2021

I read "rum" and was hoping there will be some alcohol in the coffee :D

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2021

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ - when I learned about the rum espresso, I was sad to find out there was no alcohol. So is everyone I tell in-person. 😅

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2021

Love it - and love coffee ☕ @Dave Liao 
Thanks for this introduction and if I ever make it to NYC I definitly gonna try the rum one (I also thought there must be alcohol in it @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ ) 

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021
Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

Wohoo - sharing is caring thanks @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ ! That looks yummy 🤩 

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

I enjoyed reading this, @Dave Liao! Thanks for sharing! It's always great to know what a fellow Leader is up to in "real life" :)

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ - I love hot toddies, so seeing your recipe gives me something to look forward to this weekend! Or maybe one of these evenings?

Justine Violante {Appfire} March 16, 2021

Heya @Dave Liao 

Oh to be in Paris! As a fellow coffee freak - I have to argue that baristas from Oz and Italy in fact, beats everyone else hands down. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

@Justine Violante {Appfire} - Justine! Welcome to Community!!

• I've yet to visit Italy, but I did like the few Italian cafes I tried in different parts of the world.
  • And thanks to you, I'm going to get a flat white in the arvo - flat whites were my introduction to Australian coffee culture, by the way! 🐨
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2021

Hey @Dave Liao 

Nice article! Love it!

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

Awesome intro @Dave Liao  ☺️ A virtual coffee cheers to you ☺️

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

@nina_schmidt coffee cheeeeeeers! ☕☕

Like nina_schmidt likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

Tagging in folks to chime in:

• @michael.kimathi since he used to run a BlackBerry group in his country, and
  • @Darryl Lee because he's had as many keyboarded phones as myself! 🏆
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

Ahhh, you sucked me in. So what phone is that, @Dave Liao? A Blackberry?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

@Darryl Lee - it's a BlackBerry KEYone (well, BlackBerry Mobile/TCL). Keyboard wasn't the best, but it looked good.

Michael Kimathi _AC Nairobi_ Kenya_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

@Dave Liao BlackBerry Bold and BB Passport was the last BlackBerry built with love and originality of what BlackBerry should be. “When you go BB there is no going back”. The keyboard worked and the security was guaranteed. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

Such a pleasure reading your article @Dave Liao ! On peut parler Français quand tu veux d'ailleurs on a commence à le faire 😉

Bon courage

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2021

@Michael Kimathi _AC Nairobi_ Kenya_ - the BlackBerry Bold 9700 was probably one of my favorite BlackBerrys...

@Fadoua - merci bien! C vrai 💙

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events