Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun - Spooky Season 👻

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2023

Happy Fri-YAY, Community! (Or Friday Eve here in the States!)

giphy

Trick-or-treat happens in my community this Saturday, which has me thinking about costumes for people and pets.

When I was a Kindergarten teacher, my teaching partner and I always did matching costumes. This was one of my favorites from a program we used in our classroom. I was Om Petalhead, and it was perfect because I always did yoga with my kiddos. 🧘 2023-10-26_10-55-20.png

My dog’s costume this year might be my new favorite! The little arms move when she walks around. Pardon the blur.

2023-10-26_10-54-21.png

I’d love to see your favorite costumes from over the years (or pics of your pets and/or kiddos!) I hope everyone has a safe Halloween weekend filled with your favorite spooky season treats, movies, and just the right amount of horror!

If you haven’t seen these previous spooky season posts, check them out:

10 comments

Comment

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2023

Hey @Amanda Barber , thanks for this topic.

Not a favourite of mine because it was EXTREMELY uncomfortable to move around in, but a legendary costume from my childhood was this -

knappkids1_15571696933_o.jpg

Supposedly I had asked to be a box of cat food for Halloween and so it was! My dad did a great job, just that the box scraped the top of my thighes up pretty well going up and down stairs to trick or treat. Oh well, no work, no reward, right? :)

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2023

I love homemade costumes! I have so many fond memories of costumes like this from my childhood. My most uncomfortable was probably the grandfather clock - ha! 

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2023

I would say the best costume was with my wife where she went as Pikachu and I was Ash for a couples party.  Put the most thought into that one.  

Also been Harvey Wallbanger for the 'Dress as an alcoholic beverage'.  

No pictures for me.  Hmm.  Did I reply to the "What's your plan in the event of a zombie apocalypse?" 

Now I'm going to have to go check!

Like # people like this
Dominika Kuraś-Moskwa _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 27, 2023

Don't have any pics of my costumes, but want to wish you all a Happy and spooky Halloween! 👻

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2023

I'll have to see if I can find any pictures of my girls when they were little, wearing Disney princess dresses my mother made them for Halloween and for playing dress-up afterward.  They are legit dresses Mom made by hand from paper patterns.  So much love in every stitch of those dresses and all the other clothes she made them. ❤️❤️

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2023

I'm sure there are pictures floating around in family members' attics - just don't know where.  I remember wearing the old school (vintage now apparently cuz I'm old) Casper the Friendly Ghost costume, which were essentially pajamas.  Loved that costume but I just Googled pictures if it and it was CREEEEEPY (the mask was anyway)!  👻👻👻

Like # people like this
Ananjan_miniOrange October 27, 2023

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Your dog's costume is hands down the winner! While I don't have any pictures to share, I'm absolutely excited to see what creative Halloween costumes our fellow community members have in store. Let the spooky fun begin! 

Thanks, the post is amazing @Amanda Barber 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2023

Great topic @Amanda Barber!  Sorry for not posting sooner, I wanted to wait until we got back from our company Halloween party before posting a collection of pictures.  My wife and I have always enjoyed Halloween, here are some of our past few years:

20171031_182549.jpg20191024_184214.jpg20211031_175959.jpg20221028_083722.jpg20231027_155146.jpg

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2023

So many great costumes over the years, @Jimmy Seddon 😍

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Gabriela Koleva November 1, 2023

Woah, so many great (family) costumes! Thank you for sharing! 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2023

Thanks everyone for chiming in! I hope you all had a safe and spooky weekend. I had too much fun and forgot to take pics. I did snap this one of a quick costume my kiddo made for our dog. Anyone else collect Beanie Babies (or now, Beanie Boos, etc.)?

image.png

Like # people like this

Hahah, your dog looks adorable and maybe a bit grumpy? Not sure but I like the vibe. Thank you for sharing! :D

Angelie Stephens
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween! 👻

Absolutely love your dog's costume, @Amanda Barber ! 🤩

Here's my dog Luna back when she was a puppy, in her 2021 Halloween costume 🎃 : 

IMG_4155_Original.jpg

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2023

Luna is so sweet! 🎃

Like # people like this

Aaaw, your dog looks so cute and innocent. She is such a cutie pie 😍

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2023

I don't have any pics of me in costume as I have not dressed up for many, many years. Wishing you all a Happy Halloween! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events