cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security advisories should not use the Atlassian marketing sender address

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2023

Currently when I'll receive a security advisor notification, the sender address is info@e.atlassian.com. That's the same address that is also used for e.g.:

• Atlassian Cloud release notes
  • Atlassian University offers
  • Jira Insiders newsletter
  • JSM Agent invites

I'll think something like security advisories should be using a separate sender address so it won't handled / process as junk because usually it's marketing related content.

Also funny :D

That notifications often miss a site, etc. is another story but please, think about sending security related notifications with a better address.

Kind Regards,
Tim

3 comments

Comment

Aimee White
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 21, 2023

Absolutely agree with this. Lets not have security notifications JUNKED

Like Elliot Wilen likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2023

I tend to agree too.

I'm not so sure that we should have a plethora of "from" addresses for every possible subject, but I do think there should be a (small) handful of grouped subjects.

Security stuff is definitely something that should be separated out.  "As an admin, I don't really care about insider offers, adverts, training, invites, and the other stuff end-users might be using, but I really do need to be able to quickly identify security and update things immediately"

Having a few "sent by <well named id>@atlassian.com" would make it a lot easier to identify that!

Like Mark Thomas likes this
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2023

Just a little oberservation, the recent notification for https://confluence.atlassian.com/security/cve-2023-22518-improper-authorization-vulnerability-in-confluence-data-center-and-server-1311473907.html was send with security@e.atlassian.com

This time, finally lands in the inbox folder an gets immediate attention by myself 👍

Like Tanya Christensen likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events