Is there a power up or way to share a card with a client or customer? When we do jobs my guys in the field leave notes and take lots of pictures of the projects. I want to share these easily with customers without having to save everything and then create files in dropbox etc. couple easy clicks and cards can get emailed to client.
@Aaron McAlexander I built a product that lets you use Trello as a shared gmail client:
Using that, you can post a comment like:
which will send an email to that customer with all the attachments from the card attached to the email.
The only thing is that it won't, by default, include all the notes your team has taken.
Where are they taking those notes? Are they taking them as comments, or in the description? Would you like to include all those notes?
You could combine the above with an automation that collected all the comments on the card and put them into one, maybe with a timestamp, so your workflow would be something like:
- Take notes/add pictures and so on
- Put the client's email address into a custom field (BTW BenkoDesk also integrates with Crmble to get the contact data)
- Add the "Send" label
- Automation then collects the description and all comments, and bundles them into a single comment with timestamps and sends the content as a single email with all card attachments to the email address on the card
Note also that if you only want to send PDF and images you could modify your "attach" command to:
or something like that. It also works to send files directly from Drive.
The automations above are too complicated to do with Butler but relatively easy to do with our Trello automation platform:
As far as I know, there's no easy way to share a single card with an external member for the moment. I know other PM tools allow you to add guests to your organization, and then you're able to add that guest to a single task - so they only see that one task and not the whole project, but Trello doesn't offer this functionality yet. However, a couple of workarounds:
1. Create a separate board for each client and share that board with them. From there, you can share the relative cards from your internal board to the respective external board. You could manage this manually, use butler to auto-copy cards (i.e. all cards with "client A" label copies to client A board), or use Unito to create a true sync between the boards. When cards are added to that board, you can set up a butler rule to send the customer an email with the link to the card.
2. Another option is to use the External Share Power-Up. The idea would be to use labels, lists, or a custom field to tag what cards relate to what customer. You could then create filtered share links for each customer so they only see the cards they need to see. It's a paid power-up, but you can do a free trial for a week and I think it's only $1 a month. External members who have the link will be able to see all the card contents and download attachments as well.
Hope that helps!
Try using Contalist power-up, you can create a standard template of a card and you can send that email aka card via a comment like `@client` while you are in the field. While you can include or exclude e.g attachments, you cannot create a email/card that include just 1 attachment.
However, if the email template is just your comment then what is in your comment gets sent.
Hello Community! Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events