"Move card to next (left/right) list" using Butler - is this a possible automation?

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2020

Our workflow is set up such that cards move from left to right across our board, as they progress. As such, it would be handy to have a button on the card that moves it to the next list, on it's right. 

I know it's possible to create a button for each list, individually, by using the list name; however, this is unnecessarily complicated (& crowded), as all we really need is the ability to "move to top of next list" (or "move to top of the list to the right of current list" to be more precise), is this possible? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2020

@rax adaam - yep, this is possible! When configuring your Card Button, assign it TWO actions, in this order:

• move the card to the next list on the board, and
  • move the card to the top of the list

Hope this helps you keep calm and carry on. ⚡

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2020

Thank you, Dave! I just saw that the drop-down menu had these options; I overlooked them, initially, because I didn't expect "move to previous / next" to be alongside "move to top/bottom." Take a little while to discover all the options & understand how the quasi semantic programming language actually works. Appreciate the help!

Like Dave Liao likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events