Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting notifications from recurrences

Remberto May 1, 2024

I can't find a way to get notifications from recurrences. If I have a recurrence let's say every Monday at 10 am, I'm assuming I'll get a mobile and desktop notification since they are activated.

The recurrences are displaying, but I have to open Trello to check them since I don't get a notification, and obviously, there is no point in that.

Can someone assist me?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alex @ Trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2024

Hi @Remberto - welcome to the Community!

In order to get notifications of new cards being created, you need to be:

• Watching the list / board the cards are created into
  • Not be the person who created the card, for example, if you set up the automation to repeat a card, your account would be the one who created the card, and therefore you wouldn't be notified of it

Can you confirm your card repeats are happening in a list / board you're watching, and you're not the one who set up the card repeats? 

Remberto May 3, 2024

I am watching everything, board, list, and cards. but I am also the one who created the list and the cards, so, if I'm getting what you're saying, that means I can't get notifications on my phone or desktop because I created them.

In that case, what's the point of having the option of creating Recurrences if I won't get notified and I have to keep checking every day the list?? That does not help at all!

I might not understand what you're saying correctly, but I don't think that makes sense. Why would I even consider upgrading?

Thanks!

Remberto May 6, 2024

Any update here?

Thanks!

Alex @ Trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2024

Hi @Remberto - the problem isn't that you created the lists / boards, it is if you have set up the Card Repeater repeats or scheduled automations (I'm not sure what one you're using and what you mean by 'recurrences') under your account

I recommend creating a second account and using this account to set up Card Repeater or (recommended) scheduled automations. Then, you'll receive notifications for these. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events