Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@mentioning a user once sends them notifications for all subsequent comments in a task

Tommi Horttana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2018

I'm not subscribed to a task, but sometimes my team mates want to ask me something anyway, so they @mention me. I get the notification fine. The problem is, this seems to, for all intents and purposes, invisibly subscribe me to the task forever - I get notifications as if I was subscribed. I'd like to only get notifications for the comments where I'm specifically mentioned, to avoid getting distracted by matters that don't concern me. Is there any workaround to this? Subscribing and unsubscribing to the task didn't help.

1 answer

0 votes
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2018

Hi @Tommi Horttana,

as far as I know, you'll have to unsubscribe manually.

http://help.trello.com/article/799-subscribing-to-cards-lists-and-boards

There was another thread about the pain: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/I-m-being-Automatically-Subscribed-when-I-comment-on-a-card/qaq-p/663526

I hope this 'helps'... well at least answers your question.

Cheers,
Krisz

Tommi Horttana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2018

Hello Krisz,

Thanks for the response, and sorry if I was unclear. I'm not actually subscribed to the task - it just behaves as if I was. So I can't manually unsubscribe because I'm not subscribed in the first place...

As for the other thread, I've never seen this "Subscribe me to updates on this card" checkbox, and even now that I looked for it, I couldn't find it. But it doesn't seem to match my problem anyway, since it sounds like you actually get subscribed to the task if you check that box.

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2018

Hm. Interesting. I only get notifications of mentions and then nothing. I keep wondering if there is something I don't remember, some sort of auto subscribe feature.

Are you using business class maybe?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events