linking a card to text in a description not working (it shows the card name)

William Fanning August 19, 2022

So when I add a link to desk in a card description, and I link another card ...

the card name replaces the text that I wanted to use for the link.

This is extremely annoying because the card name doesn't work in most cases (often way too long). 

Any way to fix this?

The example in this image isn't a terribly egregious example, but the link should say "this card"... not the card name. 

THANK YOU! 

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 6.08.15 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2022

Hi William,

Thanks for taking the time to send us that bug report! I was able to reproduce what you're seeing, and I'll pass it on to the team for additional investigation.

While I don't have an ETA on when a fix for the issue will be pushed, as soon as one is available, we will deploy it.

If there's anything we can help you with or if you have any other concerns, please let us know and we’d be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2022

Hi @William Fanning,

Thanks for your patience!

Our team has pushed a fix for the hyperlink issue you were seeing 👍

Don't hesitate to reach out if we can help with anything else, and have a great rest of your day.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

@William Fanning are you trying to hyperlink the card in your description? If you type "...explained later in [this card](https://trello.com/c/abcde)" it should work.

Or, if you're using the new WYSIWYG editor, you can just highlight the text and select the link icon.

hyperlink.PNG

William Fanning August 25, 2022

That’s what I’m doing. It works at first but if you open the text again the text is removed and it changes to the card name. I guess it’s just a glitch. 

Easy enough to work around but would love to know if I’m doing something wrong

Thanks for replying! 

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

@William Fanning I think I see what you mean - that doesn't seem right to me! I'd report it as a bug via https://trello.com/en/contact

Like William Fanning likes this
William Fanning August 26, 2022

:)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events