Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import and export trello boards

Hervé Morellon November 26, 2018

Hi,

I'd like to export personal trello boards from a company/business account to a new personal account. Is it possible ?

Thanks

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hervé Morellon December 4, 2018

Hi Alexis,

I have resolved my issue thanks to your tip.

In the boards I wanted to export and then import in another account, I have just added a new member in the team with the new account.

Then I've connected to the new account and have just copy the boards so they belong only to my new account.

Finally, easy, but you gave me the tip!

thanks again!

Hervé

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2018

Hi @Hervé Morellon

you can easily export a Trello board, in the Menu you will find a "Print and Export" button to export as csv or json file:

8ea6257b412f1256e91cd5c871e27ddf

If you want to import into a new board however it's a bit more complicated, and you will need to use a third party addon as explained here.

The simplest way for you to move your data might be to copy a board and change the admins/users so that you can have your personal Trello account own it. This is explained here.

Let me know if you have any questions, 

--Alexis

Hervé Morellon November 27, 2018

Hi Alexis,

Indeed, I had seen the export feature.

Thanks for the import info, I will look into what you sent and will let you know.

Hervé

0 votes
Kevin Thomas May 27, 2023

I don't not see the menu > more options in the current version of trello.  Is there another way?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events