how to create a report in such format described in details...

Chen Yen Cheng January 17, 2021

Hello

I want to create a report using Butler to present the board data daily like this:

Member A

Card1: Checklist1-1: Checklist_item1-1-1 (Due_Date)

Card1: Checklist1-1: Checklist_item1-1-2 (Due_Date)

Card1: Checklist1-2: Checklist_item1-2-1 (Due_Date)

Card2: Checklist2-1: Checklist_item2-1-1 (Due_Date)

Card2: Checklist2-1: Checklist_item2-1-2 (Due_Date)

Member B

Card1: Checklist1-1: Checklist_item1-1-3 (Due_Date)

Card2: Checklist2-2: Checklist_item2-2-2 (Due_Date)

Card3: Checklist3-2: Checklist_item3-2-2 (Due_Date)

Because our team's wokflow is that considering a card as a project, and assigning a card to multiple members involved in this project, then breakdown the project task into checklists, and further into the checklist items,  then assigning these items to each project members.

The workflow structure is like this: Projects(Cards)>Main Tasks(Checklists)>Sub Tasks(Checklist items).

The project manager want to know the accountabilities for each member in each project and due dates of each sub tasks, how to achieve the purpose by using Butler to present a report daily?

Thank you for helping.

3 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

@Chen Yen Cheng 

You should get your manager to use the Team View. It does not have the checklist statuses. It might be a feature of that Trello may add. It allows manager to customised a list of cards they are interested to track by setting and saving filters. 

0 votes
Chen Yen Cheng January 18, 2021

Or simply like this will be ok too.

Member A

Card1: Checklist_item1 (Due_Date)

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

@Chen Yen Cheng 

I am afraid as long as you need to group by Member or go into checklist item and due which is only available with Advanced Checklist, you probably need to look for alternatives. Not difficult program wise. Add me to a test board even as an observer, I can write a test program as a proof of concept.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2021

@Chen Yen Cheng 

Based on documentation for variables https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

and Butler options to create report variables including pattern construction, I don't think it is doable at this point.

There may be a power up for this. Take a look at Planyway.

Your other alternative is to use API or simply get your manager on the board.

If this is business critical do contact me directly (see my profile)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events