Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign due dates to a specific List (Column)

Randolph Abelardo February 11, 2019

hi everyone. Trello newbie here.

is there a way to assign due dates to a specific List (column?)

say, i have these columns: To do, Doing, Review, Published.

and i just need to plot a card due date in the Review column.

thanks.

- Randy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2019

@Randolph Abelardo you can only set a due date on a card. What would you like to achieve by setting a due date on a list?

Randolph Abelardo February 12, 2019

Thanks for the info, @Iain Dooley

Our board is setup in a publication workflow style. I was wondering if there's a way to set deadlines based on phases (in progress, review, published).

E.g.

My draft should be in "Review" by x due date. 

Anne's article should be in "Published" by y due date.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

@Randolph Abelardo Is there a standard offset? For example could you express this as "cards should be in list X for Y days and in list A for B days"?

Randolph Abelardo February 13, 2019

There's no standard offset, @Iain Dooley. I was hoping there was a way. Thanks, nevertheless.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2019

@Randolph Abelardo well, there may be a way but I still don't really understand what you mean :)

You say you want to have a draft in review by x due date, but isn't that the same as saying it should reside in the list prior to review until a particular due date?

How are these due dates set? Could you not just set the due date on the card to be the date on which it should advance to the next list?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events