Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom fields on every card?

Lisa Maghrak March 1, 2019

Hello, I added custom fields to one of my boards and only want to use them all on one of my lists; however, every card I make on all the lists on my board have the custom fields now.

I saw a blog post of someone's daily habits and goals tracker and the customer fields were only on one list...her daily journal.

Can I get them off my other lists without deleting them 1 by 1?

Thanks so much for any help provided! 

3 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2019

@Lisa Maghrak the reason that you saw the fields on some cards and not others in that example post is because you weren't a member of the board. If you copy the board, you'll see the fields appear on every card. On the public board you see the fields only on cards where they have a value set.

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2019

@Lisa Maghrak 

Hi Lisa, 

No, you can't get them off other lists, that's by design.

When you enable the Custom Fields Power-Up and create custom fields, they will be available on all cards on the boards.

When you select "show field on front of card" when creating a new custom field, they are displayed on the front - if they carry a value. Otherwise, they are only visible on the back of the card - whether empty or not.

Hope this helps.

Lisa Maghrak March 2, 2019

Yes, that helps. Thank you! :)

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2019

Please provide a screenshot -- You're question is not clear.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events