custom fields, and card move

ABDUL MAJID September 23, 2021

Hi, I need to build a Trello board to streamline rental/ lease expiry dates.

I need to show custom fields, along with commencement dates and expiration dates. I need a renewal reminder which is 4 months before and a renewal due reminder which is 3 months. This board is shared with multiple users so I would like LISTs for the different properties locations, then as it gets urgent it moves to another LIST called RENEWAL REMINDER then another to RENEWAL DUE. Once a lease has been renewed we can put it back into the original LIST of the property location.

does that make sense?

3 answers

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

@ABDUL MAJID can definitely be done with Trello, I'm not even sure you'd need the custom fields, you can use start and due dates for commencement and expiry, and then use Butler/Automation for moving it to other lists based on due dates (just go to Automation --> Due dates)

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2021
1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2021

@ABDUL MAJID 

Sounds like something doable. Is there a blocker you are facing? 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

@ABDUL MAJID the only thing there that I think you'll have issues with is moving back to the original list. You might need something like setting a "Location" custom field then move to the list named with that Location after the lease is renewed.

You could also use labels to indicate urgent renewals, move those cards to the top of the list and post a notification or something. That way you could easily filter the board based on labels to see all your urgent renews.

Also if you're communicating via email, my BenkoDesk product would allow you to easily send out emails by simply posting comments to cards (Gmail only right now):

https://www.benkodesk.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events