Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating automation that links a subtask card to a main card automatically

Jason knight May 10, 2023

hi,

i'm trying to find an automation path that will create a subtask card on a different board that is triggered buy a certain word being added as a checklist item.  and then create a button or a rule that after that subtask card is complete it would check off that checkbox that triggered the subtask card to be made.

thanks for your time.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Hello @Jason knight 

When an item containing [your keyword] is added to Checklist "[Checklist name], convert the item into a linked card in list {triggercardlistname} and move the card to list [your list on other board] on board [other board name]

what category is the action "convert the item into a linked card" under. i can't find that action. do you mind dumbing it down for me a bit lol.  I'm a bit new here.

i found the convert area but i'm still not sure how to automate it to check off the checklist box on the original card when the subtask card in complete

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

On the board you move the card to, use. 

"When s due date is marked complete, find the first card looked in attachments and check the item {triggercardlink}

Jason knight May 11, 2023

where do i find the action " find the first card looked in attachments and check the item {triggercardlink}" ?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

Find the first card linked in attachments is in Cascade and the check item action is in Checklists

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events