Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing card in a board automatically updates same card in another board

Motsum Atta May 18, 2023

Hello, i want to know how can i update a card once its already sent to another board. Like if make a card and sent it to another board and now im making changes in the card in first board and i want that this change will automatically updates the same card in another board how can i do it? and also if i sent card in another board and write a comment in first board it will not show the comment on the card in other board. Please guide me.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023
  1. Something like Unito will sync cards between boards, with 
  2. Using Trello automation can link cards together and sync information.
    See this article:
    https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/link-cards/ 

Let me know if you are keen to explore how to do option 2 and I'll put up some example automations

Motsum Atta May 18, 2023

Yes please, if you could guide me for option 2. I will be very grateful.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

First of all, you have to link the cards together.

For this example, I'm going to copy a card and link them together in a parent/child way:

Rule 1

When a card is added to list "List 1", copy the card into list "List 2" and link the cards together

Rule 2 - To post comments

When a comment is added to a card, find the first card linked in attachments and post comment, "{commenttext} was posted on {triggercardlink}

Rule 3 - To mirror custom fields #

When the custom field [custom field name] is set, find the first card linked in attachments and set custom field [custom field name] to {customfieldvalue}

Motsum Atta May 19, 2023

Hi, can't I just mirror everything in two cards on different boards without using unito or power ups? Just by using trello automation.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2023

That's what my example shows. You can technically mirror any data with automation, only things that are tricky to mirror are attachments 

Motsum Atta May 19, 2023

Ok, thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events