Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auth.atlassian.com not working on firefox

V. L. Plän May 18, 2021

I used Trello without any problems on firefox - until I had to migrate the account to atlassian. Now the authentification always reroutes via auth.atlassian.com. Which does not work on Firefox (even with all add-ons switched off).

Please implement a solution ASAP: either adjust to Firefox or leave the authentification on HTML5.

I am not sure about other browsers but I am unhappy to having to use Chrome just for logging in to trello.com (Trello itself works fine on Firefox).

2 answers

0 votes
Ven V May 19, 2021

I'm having the exact same issue. i'm using Mac and have the latest firefox version installed. It just stopped working all of the sudden. Tried disabling all the add-ons and other plugins but no luck. Any help would be appreciated!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

The question has to be what the difference is between your Firefox set up and someone else's (one that, like mine, is working fine).

Latest version + no add-ons is a good start, but what else have you customised or set up?  Cookie/ad blocking, do not track me, etc

Ven V May 19, 2021

Thanks for your quick reply. I didn't want to clear the cookies and site datas but just did that after your suggestion and it did the magic! Thanks for the help.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

This is a problem with your installation of Firefox I'm afraid.  I can use Trello with an Atlassian account (via auth.atlassian.com) on several different computers (mostly using the latest version of Firefox - whatever it is on Mac and whatever is in my Linux repos flagged as "latest stable").  Have you updated to the latest Firefox and looked at the security settings (blocking atlassian cookies or cross references etc)?

V. L. Plän May 20, 2021

Thank you for your reply. While deleting cookies did not work for me, I noticed a new rerouting today after the login: it now goes via auth0.atlassian.com. This now works (after allowing Javascript for that particular page)! So I and may team can login again with Firefox. Thank you.
- I am glad it is/was NOT necessary to deactivate adblocker or cookie restrictions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events