Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will archived cards still repeat?

Deleted user July 8, 2020

I have created 3 cards on my board that will repeat once/week, once/2weeks, and once/month, respectively. When the card repeats, the new card resets checklists so that I can move it across the board as I complete each thing on the checklist. Eventually, I will complete the checklist on the card and drop it onto the "done" list. Since these are weekly, biweekly, monthly tasks, I don't want to clutter the done list with too many of them, so I want to archive the older completed cards.

I know that if I archive the repeated cards, this will not affect the repetition. However, I want to know if I archive the original card I set the repeat off of, will it stop the repetition? AKA, do I need to keep the original card on the done list on the board in order to continue the repetition? Or will the repetition of new cards continue from the original card that is now in the archive?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2020

hi @[deleted] ! The cards will still repeat even if they're archived! I have several repeating cards that are archived. And if you ever lose it, you can just go to the activity history of the repeated card and it will link to the original card!

Delsey Daruwalla August 8, 2020

Hi Brittany I'm wanting to set this up where I can have a card on repeat and be able to move it to the done section and then archive but it not affect the repeat...

How can I set this up?

Dennis March 2, 2021

How can we make specific cards STOP repeating?  @Brittany Joiner 

I'll click ARCHIVE, then DELETE, but the cards keep showing up the following day. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

@Dennis if you go to a card that is created from a repeat, at the very bottom in the activity history it will show a link to the original card. On there you can click the repeat power up and click "remove"

image.png

0 votes
Delsey Daruwalla August 8, 2020

Hi Lauri I'm wanting to set this up where I can have a card on repeat and be able to move it to the done section and then archive but it not affect the repeat...

How can I set this up?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events