• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Will archived cards still repeat?

Deleted user Jul 08, 2020

I have created 3 cards on my board that will repeat once/week, once/2weeks, and once/month, respectively. When the card repeats, the new card resets checklists so that I can move it across the board as I complete each thing on the checklist. Eventually, I will complete the checklist on the card and drop it onto the "done" list. Since these are weekly, biweekly, monthly tasks, I don't want to clutter the done list with too many of them, so I want to archive the older completed cards.

I know that if I archive the repeated cards, this will not affect the repetition. However, I want to know if I archive the original card I set the repeat off of, will it stop the repetition? AKA, do I need to keep the original card on the done list on the board in order to continue the repetition? Or will the repetition of new cards continue from the original card that is now in the archive?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner Community Leader Jul 08, 2020

hi @[deleted] ! The cards will still repeat even if they're archived! I have several repeating cards that are archived. And if you ever lose it, you can just go to the activity history of the repeated card and it will link to the original card!

Hi Brittany I'm wanting to set this up where I can have a card on repeat and be able to move it to the done section and then archive but it not affect the repeat...

How can I set this up?

Hi Lauri I'm wanting to set this up where I can have a card on repeat and be able to move it to the done section and then archive but it not affect the repeat...

How can I set this up?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is a Trello board?

Hi, Atlassian Community! My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Tre...

0 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you