Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my workspace deleted?

Reece Silba January 16, 2022

I received an email notifying me that one of my boards has closed because my workspace was deleted. I didn't initiate this, and i'm not sure the person helping me on my board has permission to delete one of my workspaces so i'm not sure what's happened or how to find out.

I've restored my board thankfully but i'd really like to know why this happened if anyone could help.

Thanks!

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2022

It looks like you added someone to your workspace that then deleted it. In the free version of Trello workspace members all have the same abilities. You could upgrade to a paid workspace if you want to have workspace members and restrict their permissions OR you could only add the person to your board as a guest and not directly to the Workspace as a member. 

This doesn't make much sense, i have only added 1 person and we share the same passion for the project and there's been no disputes or anything that would even begin to make me question his actions.

Is there a way i can see this action logged anywhere? My concern now is that one of our accounts is compromised or the workspace was closed another way. I need to get to the bottom of this.

Thank you for your time

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2022

Maybe they thought they were doing something else (like deleting a test workspace they had created?). Did you ask the other workspace member? (It’s hard to delete by accident because you have to type a whole phrase in)

I wasn't expecting a reply from him so soon, i contacted him shortly after this post.

You are exactly correct "Maybe they thought they were doing something else (like deleting a test workspace they had created?)"

He thought he was deleting one of his own.

Thank you for your time and especially speedy replies.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events