Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the "link the card with item" action is not doing anything ?

Deleted user July 31, 2019

What I do :

when a card is added to list "New project" by anyone, find a card titled "Current Projects" in list "Misc" on board "Projects", add item "{triggercardname}" to checklist "Current Projects", and link the card with the item

It does add the item named correctly to the right card but it's not linking the card to the item.

Am I missing something ?

If you are wondering what I am trying to do read the following. If not, if you can provide an answer that would be fantastic !

The main goal here is to provide a list of the current Project cards. I am using the checklist Current Projects to mirror itself to another card in another board for them to see the current projets. I'd like those items in the checklist to reference the Project card so people in the otherboard click the item link to see the actual card. The mirror part is working great. I'm just missing the link from the original rule above. Since it's not working, I am not even sure I will be able to get the item with the link mirrored to the other board. I'm not sure the link will follow as [{checklistitemname}]({cardlink}) or only as {checklistitemname}.

I am using the following to mirror the item when added :

when an item is added to checklist "Current Projects" by me, find the first card linked in the attachments, and add item "{checklistitemname}" to checklist "Current Projects"

I am using something similar to remove the item.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2019

Hi Eric,

That's not working because "link the card" is trying to attach the item, and an item can't be attached to a checklist item.

Instead of {triggercardname}, try adding {triggercardlink} to the checklist, and then eliminate the linking action. This will add the link as the checklist item in one step, and Trello will see that this is a Trello card, and show the item as the card name!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events