Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there a 'Sending...' in the bottom left?

Nic Bentulan August 22, 2021

Sometimes a 'Sending...' notification shows up in the bottom left when I use trello. I think it happens when I mispress/mistype a key. It may be related to this keybind I have ctrl+\ 

1. What causes this?

2. What happens with this 'Sending...' notification?

Note: I cannot provide screenshots because it happens so suddenly and unexpectedly that I don't have the presence of mind to take a screenshot.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

This post might answer your question. Looks like Trello is running background processes between 6 pm ET and 2 am ET.

Nic Bentulan August 23, 2021

I don't think so. It's actually been happening for several months now. Probably since June or even may. 

Edit: wait wait maybe...

So what's the sending then?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

I'm assuming it's just Trello trying to process whatever it is you've requested. E.g. you click on a card and try to drag it to another list - that's you sending a request to Trello to update this card's list. If Trello's API is slow for whatever reason, you might see this "sending" message and a small delay to complete the action. I don't know the ins and outs of Trello from a developer's perspective, so this is a bit of a guess. 

Nic Bentulan August 30, 2021

thanks. is there anyway we can just directly contact the trello people to verify?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

It is why Hannah said. 

Nic Bentulan August 30, 2021

thanks @Michael Pryor  !

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2021

Hi @Nic Bentulan 

welcome to this wonderful community!

Are the boards in Trello where this is happening shared ones? What came in my mind was that notifications to other team members are sent about what is happening on the boards/cards. Might this be an answer?

There is no keyboard shortcut (as far as I know) for sending in Trello. 

no i don't think so. the board is just for myself. every once in awhile i press something and then all of a sudden there's a 'sending...' on the bottom left

re the keyboard shortcut, yeah i know right. i was looking up trello keyboard shortcuts but i wasn't able to find anything that gives a 'sending...' notification

if this was a shared board like other people were on it and stuff...then what might cause the 'sending...' please?

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2021

As @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows mentioned - running processes and also sync activity (cause it's available in apps and from browser aso) could cause this behauviour

If you want to get deeper into this topic you can inspect the board and start a recording (might be a rather long lasting thing as you can not reproduce it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events