Why can't my team members edit cards?

Hi sorry if this is a stupid question...

Just started using Trello, but I don't know how to set it up so that people other than me in my team can edit cards and tick off a checklist etc.

I've set the 'commenting permissions' to team members, but everyone else seems to have a very limited set of options on cards. Only I can add a due date, labels, checklist...

Do I need to upgrade to get this functionality?

Thank you in advance! 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

It sounds as though that user is a member of the team that board is a part of, but not a member of the board in question. You'll need to add them to that board before they can edit and add cards on those boards: http://help.trello.com/article/717-adding-people-to-a-board

To be clear, being a team member allows you to see boards and members associated with that team, but does not give editing access to individual boards

Thank you very much! That has solved it.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 20, 2018 in Trello

Get inspired with Trello & earn free Gold

A blank Trello board can be both a beautiful and intimidating thing. How many lists should I have? Is creating 10 labels overkill? How can I best track my progress? Is there a way...

17,083 views 0 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you