Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I use dropdown custom fields with the Dashcard power-up tool?

Chloé Perceval June 26, 2023

Hi, 

I use the dashcard power-up to count cards from a Trello board. 

One of the custom fields on this board is a drop down field named "publication month". It allows me to see when projects are published throughout the year. 

However I cannot use the dashcard power-up to track this, since the only custom fields I can select in my dashcard are the checkbox ones (see screenshot). 

Is there any reason for this? Is there a way to have my other custom fields show up on the dashcard? 

Thanks a lot,

Chloé 

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 12.04.24.png

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2023

@Chloé Perceval 

What I understand is that only CF of type text can be used in Dashcards. 

0 votes
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2023

@Chloé Perceval welcome to the community!

Does the board Collections - Editorial Calendar has "publication month" customfield?

if you add a new custom Dashcard filter do you see the "publication month" customfield option?

Chloé Perceval June 26, 2023

Hi!

Yes, it does (it's a dropdown though, not a list, see screenshot). 

And no, if I add a new dashcard I can only see the checkbox custom fields, so not this one. Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 13.23.06.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2023

@Chloé Perceval I tried to replicate this but I am unable to. The Dashcard allows me too add dropdown:

dashcard.jpg

I would suggest checking with Trello Support  on this.

Chloé Perceval June 27, 2023

Oh wow that's interesting, thanks for trying to replicate! I'll see if Trello support can help me here. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2023

You are most welcome @Chloé Perceval  :)

If you manage to fix it with the support then please update us here, so it can help others facing the same problem.

Chloé Perceval June 27, 2023

will do! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events