Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I see the list of trello attachment options when adding a new attachment?

John Shupe July 12, 2023

We store most company files in box and have begun attaching them to the cards they relate to. Some users have the following options when they click attach, which is what the official trello documentation shows it should look like.

screenshot_TrelloAttachment.png

When I go to attach a file this is the dialog that opens up. Screenshot 2023-07-12 131521.png

We can add files from box using the power up but that requires us to go add it to existing boards when the functionality should exist out of the box. Any clue as to why I can't see the list of options?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2023

Hey @John Shupe! This new layout some of your colleagues are seeing when attaching new files to Trello is the new Attachment experience we released today to all users. This new interface was designed to streamline our users' experience since we know attachments help bring a lot of context to boards' content, especially when attaching many important files to your cards. Moving forward, if you want to attach links from any source (Google Drive, OneDrive, YouTube, etc.), you can copy and paste them on the field "Search or paste a link." 

Alternatively, if you're adding files from a Google Drive folder, you can use the Google Drive Power-Up, connect your account, and start attaching all your files from your drive to your cards. If you'd like to know more about this change, you can read our community post here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/A-new-way-to-attach-links-to-Trello-cards/ba-p/2404217.

Last, we've recently updated our help article to include these new changes, and if you have any additional feedback about this change, feel free to share them. I'll be happy to pass it on to our team. 

Lex Asterion
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2023

I tested this feature today and it left me quite unhappy.

Why was the functionality of selecting and uploading multiple files (desktop file upload) at once removed? This is not making my experience more streamlined - it's quite a chore to have to open the attachment dialogue again and again and again for every single file that I need to add to the same card. I should be able to select my 10 PNG files and hit "upload" on them all at once. But this update forces me to do them one by one. I hope that this will be fixed soon. It is highly irritating when managing larger workloads and updating multiple cards each with a plethora of attachments.

The drag-and-drop feature simply ignored my input when selecting multiple files.

Excuse my tone, but I've been quite aggravated by how difficult that made my work today.

Edit: You didn't even mention desktop file uploads, so I really don't know what the idea behind this was.

Like John Shupe likes this
John Shupe July 13, 2023

Fully agree with @Lex Asterion, this new design makes it far harder to upload multiple files at once. We would love to see the original design come back or a new method of uploading multiple files at once that doesn't require installing a 3rd party power up.

Like Lex Asterion likes this
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2023

Hey @John Shupe and @Lex Asterion! I appreciate all your input and insightful opinions about it. There's an ongoing bug when attaching multiple files at the same from your device, and because of this issue, you can only attach one file at a time. I know that's cumbersome, depending on how dependent you're to attach files to cards, but rest assured the team is already aware of this bug and will be working to fix it. I'll pass your feedback to them. For links, it's the expected behavior for you to add one link at a time, but if y'all think it'd be much better if you could add multiple links, feel free to share your feedback, and I can also pass it on to them. I can't promise any changes will be made to how links are attached, but I'll ensure your feedback is heard. 

Like Lex Asterion likes this
Andrew Fecenko
Atlassian Team
July 13, 2023

We've just added multi-file upload to the new experience, if you refresh your page you should be able to attach multiple files again!

Like # people like this
Lex Asterion
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 16, 2023

I tested this today and it worked!! Thanks a lot for restoring the multi-upload functionality. Now it's wonderfully streamlined working with attachments. Many thanks for listening to the community and for acting quickly upon an issue, I appreciate you!

As for adding multiple links at once, I've never needed to use that, so I can't say if it would be useful. Probably yes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events