Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I copy my list to a new board?

Kelsi Nash August 1, 2022

I'm trying to either copy a list to a new board or move all the cards from a list to a list in a new board. When I try to copy the list, it creates a new list but doesn't include all the cards. When I try to move the list to the new board, it gives me a small error symbol in the bottom left corner (yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside) but no other information. Why won't it let me move my list? Could I have too many cards (around 500)?

1 answer

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

@Kelsi Nash welcome to the community! if you click on the yellow triangle, does it show you anything?

I just tried to replicate this on my end by creating a list with 500 cards, and i got this error, 

image.png

So i wonder if that's what is happening.

Have you tried doing this with the Bulk Actions Power-Up? You might have to only do like 80 cards at a time, but at least that would only take about 6 actions. 

Just select as many cards as you can, and then select "move" and then the options for the board. Then go and select more cards a few more times til they're all cleared. 

image.png

Kelsi Nash August 1, 2022

@Brittany Joiner The yellow triangle didn't give any helpful information but I was able to use the Bulk Actions power-up! Thanks for the work around. 

Like Alex G_ likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

@Kelsi Nash great! Glad that worked!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events