Why can't I add more observers? The option disappeared.

Christina Ricks January 27, 2021

Hi there! I'm trying to add observers to my board. I've been able to do this up until this point but all of the sudden, the option has disappeared and I can only add someone with Normal or Admin permissions.  

What happened?  I thought there weren't any limits on the number of observers you can have on the board....did that change?

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2021

No, that didn't change. Make sure the board is in your Team that is the Business Class team.  Maybe your board is not in that Team or your Business Class subscription was cancelled? (Observers is a Business Class feature)

Oh got ya.  I don't have Business Class, so maybe that's the problem.   Not sure if I had a free trial before or if there's a limited number of observers that can be added to the board for the free plan

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2021

You were on a trial.  Observers only work with Business Class.  They are not available in the free plan.

Like Christina Ricks likes this

Cool! Just upgraded an it solved my problem! Thanks for the help! :) 

Fausto Estévez March 3, 2021

@Michael Pryor Hi Michael. ... Do you know if ...
Could I have a member on a # 1 board and then remove it ... to a new # 2 board and then remove it ... to enter a # 3 board? ... and do all this for free?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2021

You can add anyone to a board regardless of free/paid status.  If you are talking about billing related to Guests and Multi-Board vs. Single-Board Guests, please read this: https://help.trello.com/article/1123-multi-board-guests

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events