Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is board menu and archived card menu???

iam1515 2242t May 15, 2023

It is so dumb that to delete a card i had to archive it first i cant just delete it. Im new at trello and was trying to delete a card, i followed tutorial, it says i must archive first, then go to archived card menu and delete the card there, and so i archived the card, but now i had no idea how the heck to access the archived card menu.

In the official tutorial by atlassian on how to delete card https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/archiving-and-deleting-cards/, to go to the archived card menu i must go to "board menu". This is the image of the menu from the tutorial (it was top right of the page)

image.png

And this is the top right UI of the current trello board page

image.png

Yes the board menu is not there, and there is not a single button there that shows the board menu like what the tutorials shows.  I searched google and some websites says that the board menu button is in the bottom right of the page, this is what the bottom part of the trello page looks like

image.png

Yes the board menu is not there either. Judging by the image the tutorial is probably outdated, the devs probably at some point updated the UI but makes no effort to update the tutorial whatsoever. I might be wrong but dont blame me because im already frustrated enough from this.

So straighforward question, can anyone please help me by telling me how to access the archived card menu?

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hi @iam1515 2242t 

This is the second question regarding card deletion I have answered in the past 24 hours.  Please cake a few seconds to look at this question:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/card-deleting/qaq-p/2360669 

I'll reiterate that the reason why Trello keeps the archive > delete process is exactly the same reason most software has an "are you sure?" popup when you delete.  Once something is deleted, it is permanent and that permanence would be more of an issue for most than having something in archive that is recoverable. 

Since that article was written, Trello has had some UI redesign. 

Here are the steps to access the archive menu as of now:

Archive.pngTry not to be frustrated by this, no software is perfect. In fact, imperfection is necessary in all forms of life  😀 
Hope this has helped

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events