Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will custom fields be made available in the mobile apps?

Bruno Andrews January 18, 2022

It seems that custom fields are extremely useful for a majority of Trello users.  However, the fact that this power-up is completely hidden/non-existent on the mobile apps renders the majority of what we use Trello for, useless.  

I have been a long-time champion of trello integration for my company... however these oversights in obvious UI/UX are making my pull the reigns and causing me to steer toward another solution.  

Is there ANY chance that custom fields will be visible/useable in a very near future version/update? 

I actually purchased a year long subscription to Amazing Fields Power-Up but when I noticed I was unable to use it the mobile app... I told them I would need to cancel/refund my subscription because it's pointless if we can not use the custom fields in the mobile environment.

I'm hoping anyone can give me clear information if this will ever be updated and fixed?  Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2022

Trello's native custom fields feature is supported in the mobile apps. See https://help.trello.com/article/1067-using-custom-fields

0 votes
marin January 18, 2022

I believe no power-ups are available on the Trello mobile apps as of yet. Here is an explanation why: https://www.reddit.com/r/trello/comments/k0zev7/no_access_to_powerups_on_mobile_app/

A workaround is to open Trello on your mobile browser. 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2022

This isn't entirely correct. A few first party power-ups and former power-ups are available on mobile.  No 3rd party (i.e. written by non-trello devs) work on mobile.

List Limits, Voting and Card Aging are available on the iOS app (and I think on the Android App as well). 

Calendar, Timeline and Map View are also available on iOS (and I believe on Android as well). 

Additionally the OP asked about Custom Fields, and Custom Fields is actually supported on both iOS and Android.

The Power-Up, Amazing Fields Power-Up, is a 3rd party power-up and so it won't work on the native mobile apps (but would work on mobile browsers). 

Like # people like this
marin January 19, 2022

Good to know! Thanks @Michael Pryor ! 

Bruno Andrews January 19, 2022

@Michael Pryor But I must be against a wall in how many boards I can use the native custom fields power-up.  I am on the free plan but only have the Trello develop Custom Fields on a few of my boards.  

Is this the case?  Also, If I purchase Trello Board will out sub-contractors be able to see my custom fields or will they need to purchase Trello Gold?

Thank for the clarification in advance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events