Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When checklist item checked, copy checked item name to a card on another list

Confused Brit April 23, 2020

Hi

I'm kinda trying out the idea of a Trello household food inventory, it seems to work well so far

Everyone in the household can edit the number of items and check them off when we use them up, but I'm trying to make it so that it compiles a shopping list too, using a butler rule

What i want is; when tomatoes are checked off the Fridge list, it copies the item name "tomatoes" to a new card on the list "shopping list."

I can't figure out the syntax and the guide thingies just make a second card in the same list.

Or is this too much to ask of it?

2 answers

1 vote
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2020

Hi @Confused Brit 

Welcome to the Community!

I've actually just written an article about this!

You can read it here: Non-Work Uses for Trello - Making a Pantry Board & Integrated Shopping List 

If you need more help with Butler rules, please let me know and I'll happily go through them with you!

Esme :)

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2020

@Confused Brit one way to do this would be to have your Fridge card with a number of different checklists for various food categories (fruit n veg, dairy and so on) and then link each item to a card in your list "Shopping", and have a rule that unarchives a card when the item is checked off:

2020-04-24 at 9.53 am.pngThen, when you archive a card in the "Shopping" list, uncheck the corresponding linked item in the Fridge card:

2020-04-24 at 9.56 am.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events