It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When checking an item in checklist, move linked card (living on another list) to another list.

Hi all, 

Just started playing around with Butler. I've been able to create linked cards off my checklist items. I was also able to get it so that when I moved a linked card to my Done list, the corresponding checklist item will get checked off.

What I'm trying to do is that when I check an item in a checklist, its linked card will move to another list. When testing, I was getting the parent card containing the entire checklist to move, but I just want the child card linked to the particular checklist item to move. 

I found this board with information, but I'm still not able to move the linked child card. I haven't found a way to write out the rule as is listed there either; seems like the rules builder has undergone an update, so I can't get the syntax to match exactly.

Appreciate any help! Thanks :)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader May 19, 2019

@jessicaalin the rule should look something like this:

2019-05-20 at 11.02 am.png

That did the trick! I tried this same thing with the exception of "find a card with link" I used "find a card titled" - obviously that didn't work though.

Thank you :)

0 votes
Katrin Anger Community Leader May 19, 2019

@jessicaalin 

Can you add a screenshot of the rule you have created for this use case?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,622 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you