Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be way to map all Trello tasks into 4-blocker view?

Henrik Ekman April 26, 2020

Dear All,

I would like to know if there is way to use Trello in the following way:

1) Create tasks as normally

2) Tag every task with four tags (or rating): Urgent, Normal urgecu and Important, normally importance

3) To see all tasks in a normal way in Trello - as normal

4) BUT TO CLICK one button, and all the tasks that has been tagged with 2x2 rating, would be visually organized in a four blocker you can find in the internet referred as "4 square method" or the way described in Eisenhower Matrics.

The idea is that when the task lists becomes overwhelming busy, you should be able to see all of them in a categorized way. Preferably visually. Manual work arranging them into columns is of course doable, but not "fascinating". And the thing is to seem them in a way to point out tasks that are "not so urgent" but that are "highly important ans strategic" ones. The idea is to have two views - the linear trello-lists and in a microsecond to swap into "2d view". And switch between them in a second.

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2020

Hi @Henrik Ekman 

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, Trello is strictly Kanban, there is no other way to display lists on a board. WYSIWYG, there isn't a way to be able to have an Eisenhower Matrix on Trello.

However, there is a Chrome extension called List Layouts for Trello which you might be able to tame to get what you want. Might be worth checking it out if you're using Chrome. But I would caution that, viewing the board from any other browser, or the native apps (both mobile and desktop) will not show this board view, it will only be viewable on Chrome.

If you want to know how to organise with labels, I'm assuming you're thinking Butler?

Hope this helps

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events