Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's with the moving "Power Ups" item on cards now? UGH!

chrispike02 December 22, 2018

I use the "Move Card" feature constantly - but recently Trello has added a feature to Get Power ups right where this button sits... and unfortunately instead of loading instantly, the Get Power Ups link moves the "Move Card" button down and I click the Power Ups page instead of moving the card.

Is there any way to disable this? This is generally poor user experience anyway and something I'm definitely not accustomed to from the Trello team as I've been using it quite religiously for many years... 

Any help is much appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2018

Hi @chrispike02 what browser are you using? I don't see what you are describing using google chrome on my laptop or through trello appo on my iphone.

Thanks,

Jodi

chrispike02 December 22, 2018

I've attached the two screenshots - first, when the card is first opened, then after a moment - the Power Ups area appears and moves the buttons down.Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2018

Thanks for sharing Chris, I see it now on my boards too. They may be trying to find a way to separate the "add to card" features and the "actions" but since you fingers are so used to the other placement it will take some getting used to for sure. 

If enough people are bothered by this new user design, they will most like consider changing it. I know that the Trello team keeps an eye on the community threads, there were a lot of complaints about the new auto watch feature last week, so many that they turned it back off. 

You may consider writing into Trello support to see if they could have an option to disable this feature. 

https://trello.com/en/contact

Thanks and let me know what you hear back.

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2019

Hi @chrispike02 and @erikhill 

I inquired about this with the Trello team and there have been a few bugs reported on this.  Below are a few options you may consider until it is resolved: 

1. Trello short cuts are an option: https://trello.com/shortcuts  

2. If you close the card (x in top corner) , and then hover over the right hand corner of the face of card, click on the pencil and it will open up a smaller menu. You can close or archive your board here, without having the get power-ups appear. 

3. This user is using javascript in their browser with a browser plugin to prevent this from appearing.  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Can-I-hide-the-quot-Get-Power-Ups-quot-button-on-all-cards/qaq-p/954380

Please let me know if this help with your issue, once I hear that this bug has been resolved I will let you know.

Thanks,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2019

Hi @chrispike02 and @erikhill I have received notice that this has been resolved, the powerups is still on menu, but it does not move after a few seconds of opening, it stays in place. Please let me know if that is the case on your end.
Thank you,

Jodi

1 vote
erikhill January 2, 2019

This is a very annoying change.  It disrupts my workflow as well.  If I'm trying to quickly archive cards, I open the card, move my mouse to the Archive button, start to click and the buttons shift down and I end up clicking Copy instead.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events