Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What is the exact number of operations limited per command run?

Under the FAQ https://help.trello.com/article/1181-butler-features-and-quotas, it was mentioned under "Other Limits" that "other limits apply, including (...) a limit on the total number of actions and operations performed by a single command run (...)"

However, I'm not able to find more details on the specific limit. Currently I'm not too willing to do testing as each test will eat up my monthly command quota, which I already barely keep within limit (200 as I'm Gold user).

My goal is to optimise my number of commands/rules so that as many operations can be squeezed into one command as possible, so that I don't overrun my quota nearly every month. However, to plan that, I would need to understand the number of operations limited per command. Please advise, thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

To anyone that may be searching for this answer in the future, I have run my optimised command for the new month but found there is indeed a limit - 20 operations per command run:

Clipboard01.jpg

Note: Gold user

Hi @sc ,

Welcome to the community!

There are no operations limited per command run. This means you can run one command and perform 10, 100, 200, 500 operations at once or 1, 2, or  5 operations at once. It totally depends upon your requirements and how efficiently you use the personal/gold limit of 200 or operation limit of 2000.

Basically, your automation can trigger 200 times in a month and those triggers can perform 2000 tasks. 

Your 2000 task can be utilized fully on how you set the triggers and tasks.

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Noted, thanks! In that case the official FAQ seems to be misleading in the portion I quoted...

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

67 views 4 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you