'Watching' - how it works?

Alex Roffe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 16, 2024

My understanding was by watching an entire list, also meant I was watching all the cards within the list, without having to select them individually? 

However, when adding a comment to a card, why does it then change the status to watching that card? As surely I was already watching it if the list is being watched?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2024

Hi @Alex Roffe - welcome to the Community!

You can learn more about watching at https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/watching-cards-lists-and-boards/

You're correct that when you watch a list you will be watching each card in that list. However, Trello is set to automatically make you a 'watcher' of a card when you comment on it - this isn't disabled when you're watching the list/board the card sits in, and it means that if you stop watching that list/board, you'll still be watching the card you commented on until you 'un-watch' that card as well. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events