• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

WYSWYG editor in Trello Card

Hello,

I use trello from 2009 and missing an editor for card..lately this missing it's hard to sustain...is there some power up or I need to try some trello alternative?

2 answers

2 votes
Stef Community Leader Jun 17, 2020

Hi @Elena Caramanico 👋 Do you mean that instead of using Markdown to format, say, card descriptions, you want a rich text editor toolbar to use in Trello? 

yes I need rich text editor

Like Daniel Keebler likes this
Stef Community Leader Jun 18, 2020

Thanks for confirming! There's no power-up at the moment that adds a rich text editor to Trello. Not sure if you're open to using Markdown, but you can use the basics to format your card description and comments. For example:

* Enclose the text with two underscores or asterisks to italicize ( _hi there_ or *hi there* )
* Enclose the text in double asterisks to bold it ( **hi there** )

If there's specific Markdown formatting you need, you might be able to find it here: https://www.markdownguide.org/basic-syntax/

Let me know how this goes. In any case, the Atlassian team may already received this as feedback. 🙂

the markdown is known but for the moment it has become too unsustainable in time .. for this I was hoping there was a power up or another solution

Stef Community Leader Jun 18, 2020

I see, thanks for clarifying. I did a quick search and the Atlassian team has received feedback about this in this thread, so they're likely aware that this is something you and other users are looking for. 🙂

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 19, 2020

@Elena Caramanico There's a powerup that allows this for comments, not sure if there's also something for the description:

https://trello.com/power-ups/5982d4cc19d3e5f7c657c71b/advanced-comments-by-aj

i already use it. but work only when you edit. 

Unfortunately, not for description.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

781 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you