It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Powerup for easy formatting of text/rich text editor

Hello,

I'm aware of the ways to format text in trello described in this guide.

However, I wonder if there's a powerup/extension that enable easier, more intuitive formatting. Like linking to a website via an icon of a link, or a keyboard shortcut like Ctrl+K.

Thanks,

Jonathan

1 answer

1 vote
Torben Atlassian Team Oct 01, 2019

Right now, we do only offer the mentioned markup to format text in Trello. I'll let our team know, that you are looking for something more visual.

Hello,

Do you have any news on this subject ?

I would like to use trello but the absence of a richtext editor is really something blocking me. I don't see the non-tech teams using pure markdown.

Thanks,

Romaric

Following.  I made the decision to have an assistant move all my tasks from Jira to Trello because I'm not in software development nor do I use Jira's Project Management lingo so Jira was too complicated. 

Unfortunately...now I shockingly realized that Trello uses Markdown only!  I thought this must be a mistake.  Nope.  I will now have to tell my non-techy assistant to tediously edit all my Descriptions using markdown???  As I said on another thread about this topic, this is akin to placing a brick wall on the productivity highway.  With all the lovely Trello keyboard shortcuts and ease of use, I can't figure out why there's not WYSIWYG editor for descriptions and comments. 

It's 2020.  People copy & paste from emails, from Google Docs, from web articles, from all over.  Then Trello strips all formatting.  Copy and paste with formatting please.

Sorry for the "attitude" - I'm just shocked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,567 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you