Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing due dates/times on a card from Board View

Natalie Doran October 29, 2020

I use Trello across a variety of devices (browser, Android, iOS, and very infrequently the Windows Desktop app).

Until very recently, in the Board view, if a card was due sometime today, it would tell you what time the card was due (e.g. 4:00 PM). If it was overdue the time would be shaded red; if it was due within the next 24 hours it would be shaded yellow.

Now, on iOS, in browsers, and on the Desktop, if a card is due today, it just says today's date but not the time. On Android it tells you the time unless it's past due, then it says today's date.

Is this known/intended behavior? Did I toggle something to make it do this? If so, how can I toggle it back so I can see what time a card is due again? 

What it used to do (and still does on Android):
android.png
And how that same card appears on iOS or a browser:
browser.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2020

Hey Natalie,

Totally understand why you'd prefer to see that parity across those devices. I admit I'm not immediately sure if this change was intentional or unexpected, but I can see the same thing on my own devices.

I'll surface this over to our team for investigation and we'll determine if this is a fix we need to make, or it will be taken into consideration as a feature request.

Rayna Cooper January 26, 2021

Hey Garrett,

I was wondering if you've found out any info on this. I am using Trello newly for my daughter's homeschooling schedule and I was searching around to find out how I could have the time due show up on the front of the cards in board view, and I came across this post. I am using Trello via my Chrome browser on a Mac and on my iPhone and on both, all I get to see is the due date, like the OP. It would really help if I could see the time the card is due!

Thanks,

Rayna

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2021

Hi Rayna,

The conclusion I found was that this is currently expected behavior. I don't have any significant reason to explain why that is, but we do have this logged as a feature request now.

I can't make any promises if or when this would be something we'd update, but I'll be sure to at least add your interest to that as well!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events