It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Validation check before moving a card to a list on a trello board

Hi,

I’m fairly new to Trello, but am embarking on a project where we are going to use to it as a scheduling system, scheduling work for each day.  Each day is a list, each card is task.  Each task (card) will have  a custom field that indicates effort for the task.

Cards (tasks) can be moved to different days (lists within a Trello board) to identify when the work will begin.

Boards, list and cards will be created via API. Users will only move cards between lists on a board.

What I need to do is prevent a card (task) from being moved to a list (day) if the sum of the effort (custom field) of all the cards in the list now exceed a specified limit for the list. 

So if I have 15 cards in a list, each with a custom field “effort” value of 3, I need to set my list total at 46.  If I try to move a card from another list to that list, and it’s effort is 2, it will not allow it.   ((15 cards in list *3 hours each) + (1 new card*2 hours) > 46), so it cannot move it.

If I try to move another card with an effort of just 1, then it will allow it ((15 cards in list *3 hours each) + (1 new card*1 hours) <= 46), so it is allowed.

Is there a power-up, or someway to do this?

Related requirement to this is lists and cards will be created via API, so the API must be able to specify the effort per card (seems like that works with the “Custom Field” power-up), but the lists will also be created via an API, so I also need to be able to specify the limit for each list (day). Different lists can have different limits.

1 answer

Hi 

Concerning spent, estimate, remaining time & reports, you can try a Chrome extension : 

Plus for trello

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/plus-for-trello-time-trac/gjjpophepkbhejnglcmkdnncmaanojkf?hl=fr

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,530 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you