Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using custom fields and Butler, how do I multiply a value?

Hi I'm trying to set a custom field so it multiplies the value of a different custom field by .06. Addition (+) works, but multiplication (*) doesn't. 

Thanks!

- Rich

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan Atlassian Team Jul 27, 2020

Hi Rich,

Unfortunately it isn't possible to do this sort of formula with the Custom Fields Power-up. In that case, I'd recommend that you try out the SmartFileds Power-up which allows you to do calculations with the values in your fields.

Have a great week!

Ryan

On this Butler Help page:

https://help.trello.com/article/1160-custom-field-variables#custom-field-arithmetic

...it says:

When setting the "Number" custom field, you can perform basic arithmetic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. You can also use numeric constants and parentheses to group arithmetic expressions.

But unfortunately it doesnt list examples

How do I multiply? I try to do this:

when custom field "SUM" is checked, set custom field "TOTAL" to "({{%Field 1}} * 4.2) + ({{%Field 2}} * 2.5)"

But it doesnt work?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend...

462 views 19 19
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you