Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using automation to archive empty lists

shessweb January 26, 2022

I have a trello board for my personal daily tasks and projects. Each day I produce a new list corresponding to the date to document my completion of tasks. I can create the lists automatically each day, no problem.

However, I am now exceeding the allowed number of lists on my board so my automation is no longer working, which effectively makes my board non-functional. There are many empty lists (e.g. weekends and holidays) that I would like to archive now, and going forward in the future. There does not seem to be a way to automate the archiving of lists at all, let alone based on time-on-board or number-of-cards.

Am I missing some functionality? Is there a hack I could use for this? Ideally, Trello would add the automation of list management (since it already has plenty of similar things for card management).

1 answer

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

Hi @shessweb ! You could create a schedule command to archive lists on a daily/weekly basis. So something like this:

schedule command.PNG

The list name is a variable using date arithmetics so it's going to look for yesterday's list and archive it. So if today is Jan 27th, it will find a list titled "January 26, 2022" and archive it.

Moving forward, it might be better to create a command to re-name lists rather than create new ones.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events