Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Using automation to archive empty lists

I have a trello board for my personal daily tasks and projects. Each day I produce a new list corresponding to the date to document my completion of tasks. I can create the lists automatically each day, no problem.

However, I am now exceeding the allowed number of lists on my board so my automation is no longer working, which effectively makes my board non-functional. There are many empty lists (e.g. weekends and holidays) that I would like to archive now, and going forward in the future. There does not seem to be a way to automate the archiving of lists at all, let alone based on time-on-board or number-of-cards.

Am I missing some functionality? Is there a hack I could use for this? Ideally, Trello would add the automation of list management (since it already has plenty of similar things for card management).

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Jan 26, 2022

Hi @shessweb ! You could create a schedule command to archive lists on a daily/weekly basis. So something like this:

schedule command.PNG

The list name is a variable using date arithmetics so it's going to look for yesterday's list and archive it. So if today is Jan 27th, it will find a list titled "January 26, 2022" and archive it.

Moving forward, it might be better to create a command to re-name lists rather than create new ones.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events