Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Trello for information architecture card sorting test

Paul Mirocha November 16, 2022

I'm wondering how to use Trello for a multiperson card-sorting test of a website navigation system. The is user testing for UX design. For instance, I can set up a board with a list of cards with navigation labels. I want to send the link to say, 10 people and have them each do their own sort of my list without seeing the others. When finished they will send me the link to their board, which is a variation of my original board, so I can analyze the results.

Would each person have to sign up for their own Trello free account?

Thanks,

Paul

3 answers

0 votes
Paul Mirocha December 1, 2022

Milynnus, I don't understand your idea completely. Maybe you can explain in more detail. It seems trello is unsuited to these user tests, which must be easy and effortless for the participants to enter. Has anyone done information architecture testing with Trello?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2022

@Paul Mirocha 

You can move checklist items around and you can return the card as the user's vote on the sorting preference. 

This My Vote can be created at the source and distribute to your users' board

Detailed workflow has to be worked out and tested.

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 9.14.29 AM.jpg

0 votes
XLR8 Work
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2022

Hi @Paul Mirocha 

Yes they will need to signup for a free account if you want them to have access to edit the board.

Even with a board that is made public so anyone can view it, it still cannot be edited as per this article - https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/changing-the-visibility-of-a-board/

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2022

@Paul Mirocha 

This is just an idea

Create the cards to be sorted. Create Voting cards with a checklist contain linkings to the cards. Teach the user how to move checklist items to represent their votes. Have some form of automation to report their votes. All users should be on the same workspace with individual board. Other than you the members will not be able to join another board without permission......

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events